Mercedes-Benz USA just revealed the 2022 Mercedes-AMG SL price. The company said it will start from $137,400 for the AMG SL 55 and $178,100 for the AMG SL 63 (plus $1,050 destination and delivery charges for both).
The AMG SL is available in two models in the US. These are the AMG SL 55 and the AMG SL 63. Each model is available in two trims catered to the specific preferences of buyers, namely the Touring and Performance Trims.
The AMG SL adopts the stylish elements of the now-discontinued AMG GT Roadster in a 2+2 seating configuration. It offers 12 paint finishes to choose from, various Nappa leather colors and styling, soft top color selections, and 20- to 21-inch wheels in different designs.
Its powertrain is highlighted by its use of AMG’s handcrafted 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 engine tuned to 469 to 577 hp and 516 to 590 lb-ft of torque from 2,500 to 5,000 rpm for the AMG SL 55 and AMG SL 63, respectively. Both of which utilize a nine-speed automatic transmission.
The starting model, the AMG SL 55, is capable of sprinting from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.8 seconds with a max speed of 183 mph. The more potent model does that in mere 3.5 seconds, which tops at 196 mph.
The highlights of the Touring trim include:
- LED Headlights
- Multicontour Seats w/ Massage
- Heated Steering Wheel
- AMG DRIVE UNIT Steering Wheel Buttons
- AMG Light Display
- Illuminated Doorsills
- Burmester Surround Sound System
- 11.9-inch Central Display
- Surround View Camera
- Augmented Video for Navigation (for the AMG SL 63 only)
- AMG Track Pace MBUX App (for the AMG SL 63 only)
- AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL Suspension (for the AMG SL 63 only)
The Performance trim takes all the add-ons offered by the Touring trim and adds the following:
- Front Axle Lift System
- AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL Suspension (for the AMG SL 55 only; standard on the AMG SL 63)
- AMG Dynamic Plus Package (for the AMG SL 55 only; standard on the AMG SL 63)
- RACE Drive Program, Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential, Yellow Brake Calipers