Norbert Haug

Latest Mercedes-Benz News

Toto Wolf Replaces Norbert Haug as Director of Motorsport

Toto Wolff, Williams team executive and shareholder, is leaving the group to join Mercedes-Benz as their head of motorsport. He will serve as a replacement for Norbert Haug who just stepped down from this position last month. According to BBC news, Haug informed the company’s board last December that he was leaving the team by the end of 2012. He cited the team’s poor performance as the reason for his departure. He was permitted to leave by “mutual consent”. The move of Wolff is seen by many as good news to Mercedes-Benz and a huge loss for the former champions, team Williams. This would definitely strengthen their position this season… Continue Reading »


Haug Retires From Mercedes Motorsport After 22 Years

After more than two decades as head of Mercedes Motorsport, Norbert Haug and Mercedes have agreed to part ways. While this year’s results may have had a bearing on Haug’s and the Mercedes board’s decision, looking back at Haug’s 22 years at the helm of Mercedes Motorsport ought to put things in perspective. From the time Norbert Haug headed Mercedes Motorsport in 1990, the division has amassed 87 victories and 6 titles in Formula 1 alone. During that period, Mercedes’ DTM teams won 32 titles. In terms of statistics, this would translate to a 54 percent winning streak. And of the 986 combined races in F1, DTM, Indycar, GT racing,… Continue Reading »


Mercedes AMG Petronas to Hold Fans Forum in Stuttgart

We’re not even done with the British Grand Prix at Silverstone this weekend and we’re already getting some more action slated for after that. This is after Mercedes-Benz announced that the Mercedes AMG Petronas team will be holding a German FOTA Fans Forum in Stuttgart on July 18, days before the Mercedes home race at Hockenheimring for the German Grand Prix on July 22. At the Forum, fans will be able to throw questions out to distinguished German F1 drivers like Mercedes AMG Petronas duo Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg, Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg, and Marussia’s Timo Glock, as well as Mercedes-Benz Motorsport head Norbert Haug. Only 200 pre-registered fans… Continue Reading »


F1: Mercedes Sees Progress with Concorde Agreement

Prior to the Monaco Grand Prix that saw a good showing from its team, Mercedes-Benz said that it was seeing some progress with the negotiations for the Concorde Agreement. Being the last of the major teams to hold out on agreeing to an extension of that pact, many see that a lot rests upon what goes on between Mercedes-Benz and FIA, as it will definitely impact Formula One and determine the long-term prospects of the Mercedes AMG Petronas team. The Concorde Agreement is set to expire this year. “Understandably, we have been asked frequently about the status of our Concorde Agreement negotiations in the past days,” said Norbert Haug, the… Continue Reading »


Login to your account

Can't remember your Password ?

Register for this site!