A Mercedes car makes people more free and mobile. With it, we are not so bound to places, public transport routes, and schedule, so you can decide to choose where and when to go out.
Before you travel, make sure you have finished all your business. If you are a student, then finish all started homework and papers, or at least entrust completing them to a special custom writing service, and if you are working, make sure that vacation time will be enough to visit all places of interest. In the case, if you have lots of free time and decided to travel just for fun, see if you could still make money on the trip.
- the opportunity to choose any route and its duration;
- to stop wherever you want, and for as long as you wish;
- on the way you can visit your old friends and relatives if you wish;
- convenient to travel with children;
- you can visit such places that are not offered by tour guides and companies, and it is possible to visit the capital and other major cities on the way to your destination;
- you can sleep under the open sky, go camping in the tent camp, and hotels of any city are always at your service if you need comfort and when traveling.
But first, you need to prepare your Mercedes car!
It is important to understand that in order to answer the question “How to plan a road trip” you first need to approach the preparation of the auto for a long ride; first of all it is necessary to check the technical condition of your vehicle (it’s better to go a specialized service). It is necessary to ensure that the vehicle is serviceable. Also, see to it that you have all needed tools. It would be good to have a GPS device with uploaded licensed maps, then there will be confidence that you will not get lost in an unfamiliar area; besides, going on a long car trip, you should take warm clothes, even if the weather seems to be warm, because who knows how it can change when you arrive.
What to take with yourself?
Now your Mercedes is ready for the journey, so it’s just the right time to take care of the comfort and decide what things you should take with you on this trip. The set of necessary things and equipment, of course, depends on the nature of the journey, its destination, duration, and purpose, for example: fishing, vacation at sea, camping, and so on. Don’t forget to take phones with you. No matter where you go, you should be able to reach someone if it is necessary; but in addition to the phone, you should make sure that you have the charger, powered from on-Board voltage. It’s always good to have a minimal hiking package. Take a small pan, mug, spoon, bowl, and knife. If you are not going to stay in the hotels but want to be closer to the nature, it will be nice to have a small table for hiking, few folding chairs, and some sleeping equipment like tent, pillow, and blanket.
Now you can go!
Few additional tips for aspiring roadtrippers to make your journey pleasant and safe:
- First, beware of suspicious and cheap gas stations because it is necessary to distinguish branded stations from numerous “fakes”, or otherwise you risk facing some unpleasant issues with your vehicle. Second, make sure that at least third part of your tank is full, who knows how many miles away you are from the next “fuel source”?
- Remember the unwritten rules of the road. For example, if you see the queue of the truckers in front of the gas station – it means that here you can replenish the gas; the same advice applies to cafes – if there are many trucks and buses parked next to the café, then food here is tasty, safe, and inexpensive. Such recommendations may sound hilarious, but they actually work!
- The same story is with motels. However, it will be much better to consider bigger destinations for staying a night or few because there you should have a possibility to check in without previous booking if you have suddenly decided to have a rest.