The new Mercedes C-Class definitely holds a lot of surprises for buyers and fans of the three-pointed star brand. According to our news source, Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog, the new Mercedes C-Class now offers the AIRMATIC as a completely optional package.
The AIRMATIC package promises to bring in a new level of comfort and better driving experience to the 2015 Mercedes C-Class owners.
Based on the source, here the key benefits and features of AIRMATIC:
- Air suspension struts located at the front axle while the rear axle gets a freestanding air spring.
- The front and rear axles offer continuously adjustable damping which are electronically controlled in order to bring in a better level of comfort.
- The Adaptive Damping System provides four options that will allow its driver to choose his or her preferred driving experience. The four choices are Comfort, Sport, Sport Plus and Individual.
- Fuel-efficiency and safety are improved by the car’s automatic height adjustment which is dependent on its present speed.
- It provides open pressure system to enhance the circulation of compressed air and pressure from the compressor.
In addition, the chassis of the new Mercedes C-Class offers the following:
- AIRMATIC air suspension that comes with a continuous damping control.
- The AGILITY SELECT feature adjusts its key parameters such as engine, suspension, transmission, air conditioning, steering or ECO start-stop function according to the chosen driving mode.
- The Head Unit allows configuration of the individual parameters.
The chassis is available for all units bearing types of engines with the exemption of the ones with Equipment Line Exterior. The source also notes that it does not sit well with 16-inch alloy wheels (55R, 39R and 70R).