Although the current generation of Mercedes-Benz cars now come with fuel-saving features, you can still save more of it. This can be accomplished by simply following practical but effective fuel-saving tips.
Doing so will let you maximize the mileage of your car without spending or stopping frequently for fuel. You will also find these helpful while on a long drive outside the city, wherein gasoline stations along the way are limited or scarce.
Effective Fuel-Saving Tips that You Can Apply
Here is a quick rundown of the best practices in effective fuel consumption according to Benzinparen24:
- Adjust your mirrors, attach your seatbelt and let your passengers inside the car before you even start the engine.
- Unless it is winter or the weather dictates that you need to warm up your car, only start your engine when you are ready to go.
- Do not press on the gas pedal while starting the car. New car models are already primed to start without the need to step on the gas.
- Step on the gas and turn early into the higher gear.
- As soon as you reach your ideal speed, about 50kph, go to the fifth gear and maintain your pace. This will apparently save you up to 2 liters of petrol per 100kmh.
- Stop only when necessary, avoid heavy traffic and do not tail behind slow-moving vehicles. Too many stops or decelerating frequently will waste the momentum that you have built up and will require you to use up more gas every time you need to accelerate again.
- If you get stuck in a very heavy traffic or you are waiting for someone at the parking, it is wise to turn off the engine. Based on the source, one hour of idling will cost you around one liter of gas.
- Avoid the temptation of going beyond the speed limit or using the maximum speed of your car. According to studies, maintaining the speed of 55kph or going to a constant pace will surely make your fuel last longer.
Note that these do not only apply to Mercedes drivers but to all motorists as well. So, if you want to spend less on fuel, try these tips which have been proven to really work. These will save you 10% up to 25% on fuel costs if done properly.
Share to Us Your Thoughts
There are many other things you can do to save fuel. Do you have your own effective fuel-saving tips that you wish to share to us? Leave your comments below and let everyone hear about it.