SEND US A TIP
0

Mercedes-Benz Unveils its 2 Million Euro Motorhome In Monaco

Michael C. May 12, 2010

mercedes gp brought new eur2 million motorhome in monaco 20316 1 597x447 Mercedes Benz Unveils its 2 Million Euro Motorhome In Monaco
A new motorhome was presented by Mercedes Grand Prix in Monaco, which will be used  this weekend during Grand Prix of the Principality. Mercedes GP previously built a motorhome that is located in the DTM paddocks in Spain due to the strict time schedule between the first two European races. According to the reports, the building costed the team less than 2 million euros, which is a nice deal if compared to Red Bull’s Energy Station that cost them around 15 million euros. Based on Norbert Haug, Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss, they have not exhausted a single cent, more than they need to spend on this said project.

The Mercedes team erected a new three-storey motorhome that looks like an office building with a glass facade.  One of its first pictures was posted in the team’s Twitter site. Based on the pictures, their motorhome includes 16 different container units that are compacted together to form the building, which also includes a terrace area. While the motorhomes of Mercedes and Red Bull is already in Monaco, it is said that the first motorhome to turn up in Spain was owned by Renault. The motorhome of McLaren – The Brand Center reportedly took longer to dismantle and it had still not arrived in Monaco as of late Monday. It is said the Enstone based team purchased and used the motorhome previously owned last year by Toyota. A couple of teams, which includes Virgin Racing has unveiled their motorhomes in Spain last weekend, while the Force India opted to wait till Turkey unveiled their motorhome first.

Leave a Comment

Login to your account

Can't remember your Password ?

Register for this site!