SEND US A TIP

CEO & Head of Mercedes Benz, Dieter Zetsche, Facing Criticism for Dual Roles

Gill March 30, 2010

ceo zetsche 540x405 CEO & Head of Mercedes Benz, Dieter Zetsche, Facing Criticism for Dual Roles
The head and CEO of Mercedes Benz Car unit Dieter Zetsche has been criticized for holding dual designations and underperforming on both.

On Sunday, a German paper Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung cited an unnamed supervisory board member as,” The double role is unacceptable as a long-term solution.”

The article further mentions that the board is not satisfied with the 2010 operating margin target given by Zetsche for the Mercedes unit. This has led many to think that the luxury car brand needs to have a separate head.

A potential candidate to head the Mercedes Benz car unit is Wolfang Bernhard. He is currently the head of production at Mercedes. Wolfang Bernhard is a German automotive veteran was automatically entitled a seat a seat in the management board when he became production chief at Mercedes. He is well known as the Zetsche’s right-hand man at Chrysler prior to Daimler selling its U.S. unit.

In February this year, Daimler shares were boosted when news about his ascendancy to carmaker’s management board was confirmed.

Comments (8)

1. I M THE OWNER OF A SL65 AMG.I VE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR SINCE DAY ONE: ENGINE, GEARBOX, ALARM, ROOF, ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS PLUS PLUS PLUS.I M EXTREMELY TIRED OF THIS PROBLEMS AND MERCEDES BENZ SOUTH AFRICA CAN ONLY APOLOGIES BUT THE CAR IS ALWAYS IN THE WORKSHOP THIS CAR IS THE BIGGEST RUBBISH YOU CAN BUY IN THE MARKET BUT MERCEDES BENZ GERMANY AND SOUTH AFRICA DON’T CARE ABOUT IT I M A DIRECTOR OF A COMPANY IN SOUTH AFRICA AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT I WILL LET THE ALL WORLD KNOW ABOUT MERCEDES BENZ GERMANY. THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT CLIENTS. I AM DISGUSTED BY M.B GERMANY AND SOUTH AFRICA.

2. HI I JUST WAS LOOKING UP AT THE SKY ONE DAY, AND DID YOU KNOW WHAT I DISCOVER THE NEW WELCOMING CLASS OF WITH With the advent of clean-diesel technology, diesel-powered vehicles are now available … heavier vehicles are best suited to a diesel engine. … In the long run, though, most diesel owners will enjoy a savings over comparable gasoline … FOR MUCH CLEANER AIR AND THE BEST FOR LAST LESS TRIPS TO THE GAS STATION . WHY NOT INVITE THE LIFE OF OUR KIDS INTO OUR LEARNING TOOL OF A NEW VIEW OF A EDUCATION OF THE SKY EDUCATION SW-CLASS. CONTACT ME 203-302-8090 FOR MORE DETAILING.

P.S THEME SW-CLASS FROM THE CLASS OF LIGHT SEE THE SKY IMAGINE IF EACH BRIGHT STAR WAS A OPTION TO ADD TO YOUR SW-CLASS IT WOULD MAKE A BRIGHTER PLACE ON EARTH.

3. My Vaneo had a replacement gear unit at 15,000 and now at 45,000 it has gone again, and all Mercedes says is tough luck, we dont car that our cars are poor quality and you will have to pay again, what a rip off company, would never ever use or recommend them

4. The best car ever? Yes it should have been for me but unfortunately I bought my car 2001. The car is now since a couple of years rusty on all 4 doors. I have tried to convince the Mercedes company here in Sweden (Hedin Bil) to take care of it but the Mercedes company shows a very ignorant side against their customers which leaves a thought how they will respond to other faults that can hit you when you buy a car from Mercedes. Personally I have a “war” against Mercedes, I have made a streamer on the back of my car, where evereybody can see it. It says “MERCEDES the car that rust”. I have hade many people who gives me the credit for it, I have told the Mercedes company about it. They do not care! But I know that with this streamer I sow a thought to evereybode who thinks about buying a Mercedes, “Shall I really buy a car whos company does not take care om their customers”. I have also told them that this streamer damages the trademark more than it should cost to take care and fix my car. If you have the same or similar problem with this ignorant company, put a streamer on your car. I don´t think they care but you damage their trademark very heavy.

5. Tengo un Mercedes Benz 200 Kompresor Modelo 2009 y desde nuevo tengo problemas con la transmision sin lograr que Mercedes Benz Colombia me solucione mi problema, quisiera saber si alguien tiene algun contacto en Alemania de servicio al cliente para yo poder comertle mi problema y buscar alguna solucion.

6. We bought a 2006 CLK320 CDi sport Jan 2010. We had it serviced at Mercedes recently. During the service is was suggested to us that we change the automatic gearbox oil and filter as it still had the original seal from the factory. We agreed and the final invoice for the service was over £1000. After getting the car back and within 50 miles the gearbox was clunking when changing back to first gear. I sent 2 emails to the service manager and got no reply. My wife and I took the car back to Mercedes and confronted him. He agreed to check the car for free. The following Saturday, we collected the car only for the same problem to return after around 40 miles. We again returned the car to Mercedes and this time on collecting it, the engine management light came on before it even left the forecourt. We left the car with them and nobody contacted us for a week! We called them and were told that they were going to fix the car as a good will gesture without any information of what was wrong!! This company are no better than any other!!! They have little regard for customers and my perception of Mercedes and what I thought I was buying into has been shattered. I will be selling the car when repaired and would advise anyone else to steer clear unless they have bundles of money to waste!

7. My C 320 has been kept at tip-top condition. I had it serviced regularly by Mercedes in accordance with thier maintenance schedule. The last service was done by them in September 2011, but the car caught fire in less than one month’s time. My Insurance Company concluded that the fire was caused by a short circuitry at the cigaret lighter, with pictures taken as proofs. This means that there is a manufacturing defect of the vehicle. But Mercedes denied and came up with a ridiculous excuse by saying that the fire was caused by “external factor”. I am devastated by Mercedes Benz’s irresponsible attitude. They don’t care.., they just ignore you.., they show absolutely no sympathy, no regard whatsoever to thier customers.. . i would warn my family, relatives, friends, colleagues, negihbours , my big circle of acquaintances to seriously guard against buying a Mercedes.

8. My 2010 C320 has just had a new instrument cluster fitted at a cost of $1,500, it’s just 3 years old – my expectations are that such a part would last the lifetime of the car but not so on this $50,000 Mercedes, the dealership referred me to Swedish Customer Services who were completely unhelpful and did not answer specific questions I put to them repeatedly (one of the suggestions was to refer the car to a dealership in Germany where the car originated from, the car is in Sweden and serviced etc here), as I wasn’t being treated well I tried escalating the problem to Head Office in Germany who referred formally the matter back to Sweden, the Swedish Customer Services person has not provided contact details for her Manager and I have requested it 3 times, She has also not responded to specific questions repeated in numerous mails. I am due to buy a new car & the question is would I buy another Mercedes Benz? you are very short sighted Mercedes Benz Sweden, I shall take my business elsewhere (this is my first and last Merc).